A manufacturer of injection molded parts required fabrication of the continuous duty machine highlighted here. At HYE Precision Products we specialize in the design and fabrication of complex automated systems. This unit was designed for use as a seam buffing machine, which would be used to deburr and polish plastic injection molded parts.
Per the customer specifications the unit was engineered as a continuous duty automation system with features such as no touch labor, automatic part orientation and processing. It was designed to operate 24/7 in a high volume production mode, at 50 cycles per minute, with synchronized mechanical pick and place, a rotary indexer, and a fiber optic sensor system that checks for proper part orientation. Operated with a touch screen HMI, and controlled by a PLC system and VFDs, it also featured Ethernet for SCADA integration.
This complex Electro-mechanical and pneumatic system was fabricated from steel and aluminum, completely in-house, and utilized our advanced CNC machining and fabrication capabilities. We also applied surface finished such as anodizing, black oxide, and paining. Fully assembled it featured dimensions of 87″ in length, 48″ in width, 70″ in height, and weighed 3,700 lbs.
As a full service provider we stand behind what we build, for this customer we provide ongoing service and maintenance support, spare parts, and comprehensive training. For more information on this automated manufacturing solution or the processes used to fabricate it, see the table below or contact us directly.
Continuous Duty Automation System Project Highlights
- Product Description
- This Seam Buffing Machine is used to Deburr and Polish Plastic Injection Molded Parts
- Design, Engineering, & Fabrication Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Continuous duty automation machine that operates with no touch labor. Automatic part orientation and processing.
CNC Turning, CNC Milling
Additionally, offer on going service and maintenance support, spare parts, training, etc.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 87.00″ Length x 48.00″ Width x 70.00″ Height Weight: 3700lbs
- Material Used
- Steel, Aluminum
- Material Finish
- Black Anodize, Black Oxide, Paint
- Additional Facts
- Design Details:
- Electro-Mechanical and Pneumatic
- High Volume Production 50 Cycles per Minute
- Continuous Duty Cycle
- Synchronized Mechanical Pick & Place With Rotary Indexer
- Automatic Part Orientation
- Laser Sensor Inspection
- Ethernet for SCADA Integration
- PLC With Touch Screen HIM, VFD’s
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Fiber Optic Sensors Check for Proper Orientation
- Industry for Use
- Sporting Goods
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 12 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Product Finishing Machine
- Why did you choose to showcase this Job?
- This is an example of a continuous duty machine designed to run 24/7. It has automatic part orientation and loading eliminating touch labor. Processing 50 parts per minute